Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm feeling so grown up!

I bought my first piece of silver today.
It started out like any other errand day- I was headed to the big tall city to look for fabric for my oldest daughter's room (a whole other post on how I'm the wrong person for that task) and I decided to finally stop in the silver store my mom and our friend had talked about for a while. My mom and our friend had been to this store multiple times to get silver for her daughter, who was getting married.  Let me say here that I didn't really think about getting silver when I got married. I registered for the normal stuff- towels, china, everyday dishes, sheets and other stuff that I thought was neat at the time but never really used once I was actually married- but silver didn't really enter into my to-do list. Maybe I'm not a true southerner...I'll have to think on that one.
Anyway, so my mom gives me directions to the store, which was on the way to the fabric store IF I made a detour to the mall, which of course I did.  Great! I can look for some silver for myself. Maybe I'll even find a pattern I love!
So I get to the store. It's called Beverly Bremer Silver Shop. It is completely inocouous. If you're not looking, you'll miss it completely and turning around to go back is almost impossible. So in this little ordinary shop are some of the neatest pieces of silver I've ever seen and I walked out having purchased  my own piece!
It's called a Revere bowl (like Paul Revere). There are lots of different sizes, but this one looked perfect for nuts, candies or dips. Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, uses silver bowls all the time and I just love that look....so this will make me like her. Well sort of like her in that  I can put my jar of Lay's French Onion Dip in my silver bowl and eat on chips like I'm all that. (Insert head bob here)

No comments:

Post a Comment