To say that I was a happy mommy today when the husband and the kiddos were safely off to work and school is the understatement of the day....maybe the week.
Let's just go on the record and say that I really enjoyed my "Hallelujah Hot Chocolate" this morning.
Let's make that a non-fat, no whip, extra hot hot chocolate. I'm trying to get in shape.
So the revelations. I had a few today while out doing my stuff and I thought I'd share them with you.
1. Be sure the person you are responding to is actually talking to YOU and doesn't have one of those crazy "beam-me-up-Scotty" Bluetooth phone thingys in their ear. If you don't confirm the presence of the Bluetooth thingy, you end up looking like a complete dork. Trust me on this.
2. Going through a drive-through at the lunch rush and paying for your lunch in quarters may cause the people behind you to give you the evil eye.
3. If you are a mom and you have a pre-teen or teenager, more often than not, whatever it is that is wrong in life is your fault. This is true whether you have any idea what is going on or not.
4. Choosing a name for a puppy is harder than it seems. Please leave a comment if you have a suggestion. We're getting a girl puppy and we're trying to think of something original.
5. If you go to the store without taking a shower, no makeup, wearing the same workout clothes you've worn for the last 2 days, you WILL see everyone you know. This includes children you taught in the 3rd grade who are now juniors in college and are wondering how you came to be in such a sad state when you used to be the cool teacher.