Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sprung

Spring is here.  I can't believe it since it was just Valentine's Day and now here we are getting ready for Easter.

What does Spring look like where you are?  Here is what it looks like in my neck of the woods.....


My ornamental cabbage has sprouted yellow flowers, the pansies are looking pretty happy and evidently I planted day lilies at some point because they just popped up in the last week.  Yea me!

Now I don't want to intimidate you with my mad gardening skills.  Let's look at my Easter decorations.

I warn you, don't get bowled over with their awesomeness.


Here is my basket of Easter eggs.  Notice the strategic placement on the front table.  So easy-going, so casual.  Almost like I found them and just plopped them down right there and forgot what I was really going to do with them.


My entry stoop.  Please pay special attention to the dead plants in the planters. I think the wilted brown flowers add just that extra touch of comfort to an otherwise formal entry. Also note the haphazard way in which the egg stakes are placed in the planters.  Some might use the word "whimsical" when describing my planters.  Others may use the phrase "the egg stakes look like they have been used as weapons and then stuck back in the planter before mom saw them being used as weapons".  Either description works.


This is the only truly creative thing I've got going on in terms of Easter decorations.  All I did was hot glue Easter eggs to a hay wreath.  It's held up pretty well.  I think this one is about 7 years old.  I've had to re-glue some eggs over the years, but it still serves a purpose and looks good against my black door.



No Springtime decorating in the South is complete without a generous sprinkling of wonderful yellow pollen.  And it is tailor made for a lazy cleaner like me since it is pointless to clean anything outside (front porch, back porch, windows, etc) until the pollen clears.  That won't be for about a month.

Too bad that excuse doesn't extend to the inside of my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment