Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabulous for Today

I'm in the middle of a post that isn't ready and I feel like I'm neglecting my blog!  So I decided I would post a list of things I think are just fabulous RIGHT NOW.

Ask me in a week and they may not be so fab...but for now, here they are in no particular order.

 The Duchess of Cambridge's travel attire----




I know she travels with a staff, but I seriously love love love her outfits!  Young, hip, fresh and attainable.  Yes- I've jumped on the "Kate and Wills" bandwagon and I'm not ashamed to admit it!



Just about impossible to mess up, this cream isn't overpowering and doesn't make you look the least bit orange.  A plus for those of us who are whiter than white.  I've used it twice and it gives just a hint of color so I'm not blinding people in my general area.

From Pioneer Woman
Milky Way Cake from The Pioneer Woman herself.  This cake is the devil in a pan.  I promise you'll gain many pounds just looking at it, so avert the eyes of the very young.  It has around 12 Milky Way bars in it.  TWELVE.  Or maybe 11, but either way, there are a LOT of candy bars in this baby.  I've found that if I eat just a sliver at a time, I can tolerate its richness.  The sad thing is that I've eaten the same quantity of cake... it has just taken me longer to do it.  *sigh*

Peachtree City Pilates
Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP! for Pilates!  I don't know how much of the Milky Way Cake will be burned off during a session, but you'll feel like you've burned off that one bite after a class.  I've just discovered this as a part of some physical therapy and I am hooked.  My instructor is fantastic and if I can learn to do all the things she can do, I'll be kickin' it!  She had me try the move in the picture.  Doesn't look too hard, right?  Well, the flat black board moves up and back, so you are sliding your lower body over the bar and back, using just your arm/shoulder while maintaining the leg up/arm up.  They needed two people to spot me when I did this.  I'm pitiful.  But yes, love pilates and if you can take a lesson at a studio with all the equipment, by all means, do it!

Restoration Hardware
THE WARNER BED FROM RESTORATION HARDWARE!  Sorry to yell, but this bed is now in my bedroom.  I feel like I'm finally getting my grown-up master bedroom.  I'd show you pictures, but I've still got a random pattern of paint colors on the wall and haven't made up my mind on the final choice.  I'm hoping my room will end up as calm and pretty as the one in the picture.

This home in Bridgehampton, NY

Sothebys Real Estate Online


I have dreams of living in the Hamptons one day.  Or is it cooler to "summer" in the Hamptons?  I don't know, but either way, this is house is my idea of perfect.  Click the link to see the photo tour of the home.  Love.

Those are some fabulous things I like right now.  Today.  Tonight...what things are you finding fabulous right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment