Saturday, June 11, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

What are YOU doing this summer?
I'm asking myself that question right now and I'm getting......
I'm getting.....
((chirping))
Nothing.
Zero.
Nada.
Silence.
"Hello God, Are You There? It's Me, Margaret".
I haven't resorted to asking God to figure out my summer vacation plans yet, but it is getting close.
Last year we did a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire State Park.  Then we flew to San Francisco for...well, for everything that town has to offer.


This is us during the Fire Truck tour of San Francisco.  Completely cheesy, but I highly recommend it, even if you don't have little kids with you.  My kids were the only ones in our tour group and we ALL had a fantastic time.  The guides sang, joked, rang the bell on the truck and we waved at everyone.  Plus we learned a lot about San Francisco along the way.  So if you go, seriously, do this tour.  Really.  It was so fun!

The dilemma is that we had such a fun time on that trip that we are struggling to think of a destination that will be as fun as this one.  Oh, and there's one thing about the planning I forgot to mention....

I'd rather NOT be in a bathing suit.  Like not at all at any point in time would I like to be in a bathing suit on my vacation.

That is a whole lot of pressure, stress, and self-consciousness that I just don't need or want on vacation.

That being said, it starts to limit our summer vacation destinations a little bit.

Maybe Seattle?  We could do some day trips to British Columbia, Canada?  Or maybe we head to South Dakota to see Mt Rushmore?  That one would require an RV (possibly) and I'm not sure I'm RV ready.

We were thinking the Dominican Republic or Costa Rica, but I'm trying to stay away from those because of the bathing suit factor (BSF).  The BSF is about a 10 on a scale of 1-10 in Costa Rica.  Not good for me.

So let me get back to surfing the web.

Thank you for letting me vent.  I know that this is super silly to worry about given the current state of the economy and that we are lucky to be even planning a vacation---but I am still consumed with this task at hand. 


Y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love your term BSF! I am going to have to use that...I just got a cute cover-up to deal with all BSFs this summer.
    I think you should come back to San Francisco...definitely no BSF and there is so much more to see and you can come see me ;)

    ReplyDelete