Thursday, December 16, 2010

I've Been Assembling

Duh Duh Duh....Another one bites the dust!
Duh Duh Duh....Another one bites the dust....
And another one's gone and another one's gone
Another one bites the dust.
Hey, it's gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust!

This is my theme song for the past week. This illness has gotten each family member in turn. Never are two people at the same stage of sickness at the same time. One is better and I'm fine, but the other three are still in varying stages of sick. Fab. 

So while my family is spread out in my house watching tv, reading, crafting, just trying to get better, I've kept my healthy self in the kitchen assembling stuff. 
Food stuff.  I think I've gained 10 lbs because of the tasting I've done. 
I've assembled things like this-

The candy cane kisses....those are some addictive little buggers. The second picture is with rolos. My personal favorite. I put these in mason jars and attach the poem I found here for M&M Nativity story. I'd never seen it and I think it is cute. 

I also assembled this-
Homemade caramel popcorn. This stuff should be illegal. It is truly awesome. I'd share the secret family recipe, but it is a secret family recipe.  

I tried to make these....
but ewww...I ended up ruining really good Rice Krispy treats.  Must. Use. Better. Chocolate.

I did bake one thing...
Orange glazed poppy seed bread.  I got the recipe from another blog and you can find it here.  Easy bread to make and especially yummy.  Especially. 

Finally, I took all of my assembled things and assembled them into this-
which is for my new neighbors down the street. 
Here's the front view of the bucket...
I broke out the chalkboard paint and painted a little spot to write on.  In my next attempt, I'll use the regular chalkboard paint and not spray chalkboard paint.  The spray paint is why my little writing spot is so small.  It seemed so simple to get a piece of paper and cut out a rectangle where I wanted to paint.  "Seemed so simple" are the important words here. What would have been simple was to have a CAN of chalkboard paint. Then I could just tape off a rectangle and then I'd be done. My spray paint version took me about 30 minutes to prep and then I spray painted in the wind. Not my finest hour, let me tell you. My husband was so proud to be married to me. I was really the picture of creative intelligence at that point.
After much thought and effort, here is the little rectangle. Darn little rectangle.

Here's to more days spent assembling things in homes with HEALTHY people. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I want to be your neighbor so I can get one of these fab buckets! How awesome are you!

    ReplyDelete