Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Sickness

It's that time of year
When the flu bug hits the schools
Every song you hear
Seems to say
Call the doctor..
We need some Tami-Flu!
(Did you read that with a tune in mind? Because I just wrote that while singing that song, "It's That Time Of Year".  Boy, do I need a life.)

So we've been invaded by the flu bug. Has it hit you all yet?  No biggie. My oldest has it. I've made the appropriate calls/emails to friends/family we've been exposed to in the last day or so to tell them to be on the lookout for telltale symptoms.
Obsessive? Yes.
Well, maybe.
But after teaching in the public school system and at a preschool, I'm keenly aware of people who send their kids to school while still sick or still getting over an illness.
Now I'm saying this next part with love...I'm NOT that mom and I don't appreciate mom's who are.
There. I said it. It sounds a bit snarky, but it comes from the heart.

So my weekend will be spent with my good friends....


Watching lots of this.....


Drinking lots of this....


And praying that no one else in our humble abode gets the dreaded illness.  Especially our dear friend, Sebastian, who came for the weekend all the way from Germany.  Here he is in the "clean" zone of our house playing Wii with the resident Wii expert.


Here's hoping your weekend will be spent doing super fun things that do not involve going to a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment