Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banana Bread, Cookies and Mac & Cheese

Lately I've been trying to get my cooking and baking back on track.

I enjoy cooking and baking.  And while I'm no Paula Deen or Pioneer Woman, I can follow a recipe with the best of them.

I've shared a few of my favorite recipes here  and here and here.

Today is the first day in a while that my schedule is pretty easy after school.  I only have one child to pick up from a practice.

Oh Joy!

It makes me as happy as seeing this....


 Helloooo Ryan. :)

 I know.  I know.  He has nothing to do with my cooking or baking or whatever.  I'm just saying that his cutie-patootie face brings joy like baking does.

Work with me, people.

So in honor of my schedule being a tad less hectic,  I'd like to share the yummy recipes I've been making today.  They've all been taste-tested in my house multiple times so I can put our stamp of approval on them.  And I didn't invent one of them.  Nope.  I found them and I'm going to share where I found them with you today.

Doesn't that make you happy?  If not, just look back to the picture of Ryan.

Go ahead.  I won't mind.


Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  So good.  So soft.  So yummy!  She says you can freeze them, then take one out for your child's lunch and it will be yummy, soft and thawed by lunch.  I haven't tried the freezer thing since they have yet to actually make it to the freezer before being eaten.


Buttermilk Banana Bread also from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I've made this bread 3 times in the last week.  Once for my family, once for my daughter's volleyball team and today I made it to use up some bananas.  The recipe is for a loaf of bread.  I made mine in muffin tins.  I can't tell you how long they cooked, but I'd guess it was about 20 minutes.  The buttermilk must be the magic ingredient.  They are light, moist and gone in less than a minute.

Mac & Cheese from the Pioneer Woman.  Nothing beats homemade mac and cheese.  This recipe is one that my entire family enjoys.  My younger daughter requests it at least once a week.  She will be so excited when she finds out I made it today.  Add some ham and broccoli and you've got yourself a nice little dinner!  (And how big a goober am I that I actually went out and bought the same square dishes like The Pioneer Woman?  If you see the picture on her post, I have those dishes!  I'm trying hard to be cool and failing miserably!)

For all this work,  I deserve a cookie.

Or maybe two or three.

What have you been making lately?

2 comments:

  1. I just gained 10 pounds reading about your yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go for three...go for three haha! I made a sad attempt at a pioneer woman recipe one time, and failed miserably, I will now leave the expertise cooking to the other sisters. btw your hair is so cute! -jamie @ theletter4

    ReplyDelete