Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bag Lady

I'm no slave to fashion. My friends will tell you that. Now, let it be said I like to look cute and try to dress in the latest fashions, but shopping is NOT my way to spend a day. I am a great Internet shopper, though. Does that make me a good shopper?  I mean, I can look at the trendy sites, click, click, click to find the who/what/how much for the things I like and wham bam, input my credit card number in the little box....

Amazingly enough, a few days later these little "surprises" arrive at my door. Boxes of all shapes and sizes with wonderful things in them. I can try them on in the privacy of my own bedroom--no top-lit-who-knows-who-has-done-what-in-here dressing rooms for me. And if the stuff doesn't fit, doesn't make me look like a supermodel or doesn't take at least 5 years off  I can simply put it back in the box, slap the handy dandy return label on it and send it back from whence it came. And I did all of this in my jammies.

I digress. I did venture out into the world of the living and bought some new things.

My first piece of camouflage anything. I was feeling pretty tough when I bought this. It's big enough to stuff all the things that 3 kids need when we're out--race cars, pens, trash they hand to me like I'm the mobile trash compactor.  AND it's camouflage. That is one thing the magazines said would be "in" this season. So yea! When I carry this while wearing my usual cropped workout pants, workout top and basic cardigan, this purse alone will make me look one step closer to Cindy Crawford. That's what I'm telling myself.
My bargain find! This cross-body bag was only $28 at a local store. Honestly, it is a store that caters more to high school students than their mothers, but the store windows looked especially cute and I got sucked in. I love the fall colors and the pockets!!  Two on the front, one large one in the middle and a smaller one on the back.  I can hide stuff everywhere.  Plus I will look "put together" since this bag has colors in it that won't look hideous with my standard mom uniform of (say it together and with FEELING!) cropped workout pants, workout top and cardigan.

My 11 year old daughter was so excited when she saw my new purse. She told me that her best friend had one just like it. *Great* now I'm following fashion trends of middle-schoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment