Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kitchen Help

Last year my mom, sister, two good family friends and I had a girls' weekend in St. Simons, Ga. We were celebrating the graduate school graduation of the friend's daughter (whom I babysat from the time she was 1.  Yes, I'm that old).   Anywhoo, we took a day trip to Savannah where we walked the city, shopped and ATE. And ate and ate and ate.
And then we shopped. And ate.
Then we drove back to St. Simons and went to bed. Amen.

 While we were in Savannah, we went to a great store called Kitchens on the Square.  You can visit their site here.  I highly recommend this fabulous store with all things kitchen-y and kitchy.  They even have cooking classes right in the store. Of course we did the class.  Our menu was chicken fingers, mac-n-cheese, salad, and banana pudding. To die for, I tell you, to die for.

I picked up a few odds and ends for my own kitchen, but these tools I'm sharing with you were bought for me by my mom. They are great and they work.  I hope you like them too.

Thanks, Mom.


How funny is this?  If you're anything like me, licking the bowl after making a batch of brownies or a cake is the best part. Now here you go- a spatula/finger all in one.


Here it is in my hand to show you the size. My kids are especially in love with this. I only have one batter finger, so they either share (gross!) or I'll need to order more.  You can order them here.

The other gadget is for those who like real whipped cream and are willing to put forth an effort to get it.


Meet the Rapid Whisk. This was used during our cooking class. All 8 of us were memorized by the instructor while she literally whipped the whipped cream right in front of us. Old-fashioned style. It was crazy and cool all at the same time!  Don't ask me exactly how it works, but it has something to do with the handy-dandy little metal whisks inside the silicone one. I had a bowl with about a pint of whipping cream in it. It took about 5 minutes of good whisking to get the cream to get stiff. It's a workout, don't kid yourself, but it is so cool to make it by hand that I think it is worth it.  You can order it here.

Now go use those crazy kitchen gadgets that are collecting dust in your cabinets and make something yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment