Monday, September 13, 2010

Houseguest

I live near my family. Did I tell you that?  I live less than 10 minutes from my parents and about 10 minutes from my sister. My in-laws are about 15 minutes away. The big traveler is my brother-in-law who lives just over an hour from my home.
I tell you all this to help you understand that having houseguests is a very uncommon occurance at my house. But we did have a visitor last night. Her name is Sadie.

Sadie is my parents' dog. She started out as my dog. I rescued her from the animal shelter when she was about 6 weeks old. I was just starting my career as a teacher, so my parents said that Sadie could stay with them during the day--- I had doggie day care waayyy before it was cool.
Come to find out that Sadie thought my parents' house was much more fun than my duplex.....short story even shorter, 14 years later, here she is.  Luckily she gets along great with our dog, Cameron the Golden Retriever. That makes these spend the night parties so much more pleasant.
When I adopted Sadie the shelter workers told me she was a beagle/cocker spaniel mix. Look at this dog. She has a mohawk for pete's sake. Do you see any evidence of either dog in the above picture? She truly is a pitiful looking dog. But being the good hosts we are, we didn't mention it in front of her, bless her tiny little heart.  We did provide her a comfy bed (It is actually a down feather bed topper folded in half with old Ralph Lauren beach towels on it.  Cameron usually sleeps on it, but she gave it up for our guest. And hey, she is sleeping on Ralph Lauren. Can't be that bad), yummy food ( she got scraps of steak) and the love of our 3 kiddos--never mind that the 4 year old thinks "loving" on her is holding her head in his hands, putting his face right next to her and saying "LOVE LOVE LOVE"! 
Sadie is a sport. She takes it all in stride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment