Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Minutes

I'm a stay-at-home mom.  I love it.  Most days. 

I can honestly say that I'm busier now as a SAHM than I ever was when I was working.  The other day I had about 30 minutes before the kids came home and I decided to get off my rapidly expanding posterior and do something productive. Welcome to real life. 

Let me share what my pantry has become. 
In my next house I'm having a large walk-in pantry. 


Things aren't falling OFF the shelves, but it's pretty bad.  Jars and bottles everywhere.  Boxes of cereal that have been there since the summer.  Reusuable shopping bags shoved at the bottom.  I couldn't find anything.  You can't tell from the picture, but there are 3 bottles of white wine vinegar in there. WHO needs 3 bottles of white wine vinegar?

Less than 15 minutes later.....


Just looking at this picture makes my heartbeat go a little slower. Aahhhh....organization. Makes me happy.

Let's move on to the closet I transformed into a catch-all for the kids.  I had big plans for this one. Places for the backpacks, first aid kit (you can't have too many bandaids!), picnic stuff, and bulletin boards for the important papers.

Let's have a look at my amazing organizational ability.


I know, I know.   Those faint of heart should avert their eyes.  I see this and think, "WHAT HAPPENED??"

Now....


Again, makes me happy.  So happy.  I'm going to get myself a cold beverage and enjoy this example of neatness.  
And while I'm enjoying my icy cold beverage, I'm going to wonder exactly what I was storing in that closet?  I didn't throw out that much stuff.  I did, however, decide to slowly take over a room in my basement that was initially intended for the girls.  


Here's what is now residing in the room formerly known as the "room with the red couch".  Eventually it will become my crafty room....OUR crafty room. 

All this done in less than 30 minutes. 

I guess this is my one productive thing for the week.  

I hear Regis and Kelly calling. You'll find me on the couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment