Saturday, October 16, 2010

Making a List

So far my Saturday has been pretty great.  Got all 3 kids up, fed, dressed and off for a day of working around our school by 9am.

Dropped off two kids and took the remaining kiddo to cheer at a football game.  It was amazing.  We lost (boo-hoo) but the atmosphere at the game was so wonderful.  More on that later.

Came home to a relatively clean house...I don't know about you, but I never know what I'm coming home to when I leave to run children hither and yon, so coming home to anything less than every toy being out on the floor is a win.

Now my house is relatively quiet.  One girl is visiting Grandma and Pop.  The Boy is dozing on the sofa and The Oldest is making the list of things we need to run get for a science project.  I have a few minutes to browse the blog world and wanted to share some things I found.

It's mid-October.  I've already started my Christmas list.  You?

Picture and awesome necklace from Yellow Blackbird

Shut the front door.  I want this.  If I was creative or had the inclination to sit and actually figure out the most fashionable way to string the buttons, believe me, I would.  But since that is not happening in my lifetime, I'll sit here happy in the knowledge I'm supporting someone else who has that creative gene.


Picture and super cute fabric flower bobby pins also from Yellow Blackbird

I have short hair. I don't know why I'm continually drawn to the fabric flower things for hair.  If I were a brave Steele Magnolia I'd wear one for sure.  I'm not Steele Magnolia material yet.  My girls would look cute with them, though!

Picture and Owl pendant from Freshy Fig

I'm having an owl moment right now.  I think they are so cute. So retro, in a weird way.  But somewhere in the back of my mind I think I remember someone telling me that owls are bad luck.  Is that some urban legend? An old wives' tale? Heck, it could even be from a recently half-listened-to episode of Scooby-Doo.  

I'm also having a lariat necklace moment.  Shut. Up. Also from Freshy Fig

Chased Dreams photo



Photo from Chase Dreams


Those last two pictures are from Chase Dreams.  The Birchwood gift tags.  How special would that make a present? I wouldn't want to give them away.  I'm seeing Modge Podge, special paper....hmmm....
And how amazingly cute are the mustache crayons?  Precious.  And hysterical.  

I'm baking tomorrow.  I read somewhere that real Southern women bake.  I'm trying.  So if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and you can sample. 

Happy weekend, Ya'll.



No comments:

Post a Comment