Thursday, October 21, 2010

Steak

One of my first posts was about my fabulous, wonderful, awesome neighbors who were moving to Birmingham.  Boo hoo for our neighborhood!

Before she left, she gave me some great recipes.  She shared a few that were her "old stand-bys" when company came over.  I'm going to share one of them with you.  You'll love it.  Promise.




You'll need 1/2 c salad oil, 1/4 c soy sauce, 2 T Worcestershire sauce, 2 t dry mustard, 3/4 t salt, 4 1/2 T red wine vinegar, black pepper and a flank steak. (I forgot the red wine vinegar in the picture...sorry!)






Mix all the ingredients and plop the steak in the marinade. Let it sit 4-6 hours or overnight.  Beautiful.  I love stuff that can be made in advance.

Grill 5 or so minutes on each side.


After the meat comes off the grill, do the Food Network thing and cover it with foil so the juices don't escape.  But if you look closely, you'll see that those juices are making a run for freedom!


(pay no attention to the massive amount of juice on the cutting board!! I got impatient)

So here it is sliced.  By this point I've already "tested" 2 or 3 slices.  It is sooo yummy! 
We eat it with potatoes and a salad, but it is equally good cold the next morning for breakfast.  Yes. We're weird.

Tonight I'm going to try this with homemade bread!  Here is the start...we'll see how it goes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment